The Meadville Tribune, the leader in delivering news and information throughout our area, has an opening for an Account Executive in our advertising department. We deliver an engaged audience using a variety of products over multiple platforms.
In this role, you will:
- Learn the benefits of our vast product line and effectively communicate them.
- Develop and sell multi-media advertising plans for clients and potential clients.
- Build solid relationships with current advertisers as well as potential advertisers in person, over the phone and via email.
- Work toward meeting and exceeding goals by pushing yourself and being persistent.
- Offer creative input for advertisements and campaigns based on clients' needs and goals.
- Submit thought out ad layouts to the graphics team and get them approved in a timely manner.
- Listen to and observe each customer’s needs and develop a solid solution for them to increase awareness of their business/products/services.
- Prospect for new business.
- Work with a tight-knit team that will help you along the way.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good listener
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Creativity and ability to think outside of the box
- Ability to effectively tackle multiple projects, tasks and responsibilities simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Willingness to learn new things
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Must be proficient with Word, Excel, Google, and email
- Knowledge of Google Ads a plus
Paid vacation and benefits available following a waiting period. Monday – Friday, 8 am -5 pm schedule. We offer 7 paid holidays. Applicants must have reliable transportation and a valid PA driver’s license to be considered.