Copy Editor/Page Designer
The Meadville Tribune
an award-winning newspaper in Northwestern Pennsylvania, has an immediate opening for a Copy Editor/Page Designer
The successful candidate will be able to:
• Edit stories for accuracy, clarity, grammar and AP style.
• Work on multiple pages a night while on deadline.
• Write creative headlines and be able to visually illustrate a story.
• Demonstrate solid news judgment.
• Write creative and accurate headlines.
• Work closely with editors and reporters concerning daily and advance story budgets, section planning and work flow.
• Work nights.
What we’re looking for:
• Experience with InDesign and TownNews/Blox CMS will help you stand out.
• Daily newspaper experience a plus, but not necessary.
Send a cover letter, resume, link to your portfolio/design samples, references and salary requirements to Editor Rick Green at email@example.com.
Please put “Copy Editor” in the subject line.
The Tribune is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This full-time
position comes with a full array of benefits that include paid
vacation and holidays, health insurance, 401(k) and more.